Dan Ebener speaks about Leadership in the Church to the Albany Diocese
Dan Ebener Interviews
Paula Sands Live Interview (Sept 2016)
Paula Sands Live Interview (March 2016)
ICSC Strategic Planning PPT 10-3-2016
Beatitudes Slides for Rockford
Dialogical Leadership 1-23-16
Region IX Stewardship Conference
The attached notes were taken from a plenary session at the Region IX Stewardship Conference in Kansas City on April 21, 2017. They include ideas generated on the question of how to promote stewardship in a parish, especially the 1992 pastoral letter on stewardship on its 25th anniversary.
Sharing Faith First
Sharing our faith is an ideal way to begin any meeting. Family members are also encouraged to share their faith in preparation for the weekend liturgy. The following aid is here for you to share your faith at meetings, with friends and family.
March 5 - 1st Sunday of Lent
March 12 - 2nd Sunday of Lent
March 19 - 3rd Sunday of Lent
March 26 - 4th Sunday of Lent
April 2 - 5th Sunday of Lent
April 9 - Palm Sunday
April 16 - Easter Sunday
April 23 - 2nd Sunday of Easter
April 30 - 3rd Sunday of Easter
May 7 - 4th Sunday of Easter
May 14 - 5th Sunday of Easter
May 21 - 6th Sunday of Easter
May 28 - The Ascension of the Lord
St. Ambrose Stewardship Institute
The Diocese of Davenport Stewardship Commission provides an educational tool for those interested in stewardship. Participants in the past have found this to be a transformational experience for them.
Stewardship Institute Syllabus
Stewardship in Our Parishes -
Items submitted from parishes
- from Our Lady of Victory, Davenport
- Parish quarterly newsletters
The International Catholic Stewardship Council (ICSC) publishes a monthly newsletter on stewardship. Parishes can "cut and paste" any parts of this newsletter to use in the weekly bulletin or for a parish newsletter. This newsletter includes bulletin quotes on stewardship related to the Sunday Scripture readings.
The Diocesan Stewardship Commission members have developed a parish assessment tool for the parish to look at its own work in stewardship. This tool is useful when it is completed by many people or several groups such as parish and finance councils and parish committees. The summarized results are useful for your stewardship committee to see areas for growth and to do more planning.
Is Your Parish a Stewardship Parish? - An Assessment Tool
Diocesan websites where parishes might find useful material:
- Bishop's Pastoral on Stewardship -
In 1992 the United States Bishops issued a pastoral letter entitled "Stewardship A Disciple, Response." This letter is the basis for our work in stewardship. Every parish committee needs to study this pastoral regularly.
- Stewardship Newsletter ICSC -
- Parish Self-Assessment -
- Christian Hospitality:
This booklet has been prepared by the Diocesan Stewardship Commission. It contains many good suggestions and resources for parish hospitality. These slides are from the Hospitality PowerPoint that was presented to the attendees at the Annual Parish Corporation meeting in 2011. If you have any questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact me at Ebener@davenportdiocese.org
- Servant Leadership and the Transformation of Society
- Servant Leadership and a Culture of Stewardship: A PowerPoint presentation given at the International Catholic Stewardship Council (ICSC) Conference on October 24, 2011 in Orlando.
- Becoming a Servant Leader: A PowerPoint presentation given at the International Leadership Association Conference on October 28, 2011 in London. Workshop Description: Building on the focus on transformational leadership in academic settings, this presentation will share successful examples of how servant leadership can be practiced by faculty members and students to enhance the learning environment of the classroom and have a transformative effect on the local community and society itself.
- Journey Toward Servant Leadership
A PowerPoint presentation for a day-long retreat at the Catholic Charities USA Annual Gathering on October 4, 2014.
- Blessings for Leaders: How Leading by the Beatitudes Can Enhance Stewardship in Your Parish
A PowerPoint presentation given at the International Stewardship Conference on October 10, 2014 for the workshop, Forming Parish Servant Leaders
- Diocese of Providence, Rhode Island - http://www.providencediocese.org/92 This site has several good "how to"Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â manuals plus other stewardship materials.
- Diocese of Rockville Centre, NY - www.StewardshipLI.org This site has lots of good stewardship material especially for children.
- Archdiocese of St. Louis - www.archstl.org/stewardship This site has a wide variety of stewardship materials especially the Sunday bulletin quotes based on the readings of the day. These can easily be a "cut and paste" for parishes. Also on this site are education materials, prayers, and articles for the bulletin.
- Diocese of Wichita - http://catholicdioceseofwichita.org/stewardship This site has the four pillars of stewardship ÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ÃƒÆ’Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…Â¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¬ÃƒÆ’Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚Â¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã¢â‚¬Å“ hospitality, prayer, formation and service which is often used. This site also includes some video reflections and other stewardship materials.
- Annotated Bibliography - This bibliography lists good resources used by Stewardship Commission members.
- Dan Ebener has written an article for the fall issue of CHURCH Magazine, a quarterly publication of the National Pastoral Life Center. It is entitled, Parish Life and Servant Leadership and it covers both the parish life study conducted in the Diocese of Davenport in 2005-06 and his work on servant leadership. To read the article, go to:
- Servant Leadership Models for Your Parish
Servant Leadership Models for Your Parish Wins a CPA Book Award
Letter from Bishop Amos to the Diocese of Davenport regarding Dan Ebener's new book.
Book Order Form
Servant Leadership Green Bay 3-27-11 (PDF)
Servant Leadership Green Bay 3-27-11 (PPT)